Grants Resource Center News and Events
Your board and fundraising: An introductory class for small nonprofits
May 18 from 10 a.m.- 12 p.m. at the Central Library Meeting Room.
This training is open to all interested in nonprofits.
Please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Grants Resource Center
The Grants Resource Center (GRC) located at the Waco-McLennan County Central Library at 1717 Austin Avenue, offers a specialized Core Collection of grant-related resources and services. This is a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center.
The Foundation Center offers a selection of free tutorials on proposal writing, the grantseeking process, developing a project budget and an overview of Form 990-PF. http://foundationcenter.org/getstarted/training/online/
Print and online resources are available in the GRC covering a wide range of grant related topics including information on foundations and other grant makers. While most materials are for use only at the library, some items may be checked-out with your library card.
Services Offered at the Grants Resource Center
The Grants Resource Center offers variety of services to local non-profit organizations and individuals including assistance in locating funding sources, assistance in finding grant writing materials and using GRC resources. Orientation sessions on GRC resources are offered periodically throughout the year.
- Foundation Directory Online Professional database - Updated week, premier database of U.S. funders and grant information. Contains over 100,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, and over 2.4 recent grants. Available for in Library use only. Please See Librarian for login assistance.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals - Ideal resource for students, artists, researchers and individuals. Includes detailed descriptions of more than 10,000 funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other financial support to individuals. Includes application information, giving programs and limitations, financial data and more. Available for in Library use only. Please see Librarian for log-in assistance.
Philanthropy In/Sight® - An interactive mapping tool designed for grantmakers, policymakers, researchers, academics. This tool combines the Foundation Center's rich data on over 103,000 grantmakers and more than 2.3 million grants with familiar Google maps to tell the story of philanthropy. Available for in Library use only. Please see Librarian for log-in assistance.
- The Catalog for Federal Domestic Assistance provides information on federal government grants and other assistance programs.
- Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in Federal grants. Grants.gov is the single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by all Federal grant-making agencies.
- The Non-Profit Times is a bi-weekly publication providing current news relating to non-profit issues.
Philanthropy News Digest is a weekly online news service of the Foundation Center, summarizing philanthropy-related articles and feature stories in the U.S. media.
For additional information about the Grants Resource Center, please contact
Kim Salome Klimt at (254) 750-5974, KimberlyS@ci.waco.tx.us
Nicole Wynter, Waco Foundation's Director of Grants & Capacity Building at (254) 754-3404, email@example.com