Grants Resource Center
The Grants Resource Center (GRC) located at the Waco-McLennan County Central Library at 1717 Austin Avenue, offers a specialized Core Collection of grant-related resources and services. This is a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center.
The Foundation Center offers a selection of free tutorials on proposal writing, the grantseeking process, developing a project budget and an overview of Form 990-PF. http://foundationcenter.org/getstarted/training/online/
Print and online resources are available in the GRC covering a wide range of grant related topics including information on foundations and other grant makers. While most materials are for use only at the library, some items may be checked-out with your library card.
Services Offered at the Grants Resource Center
The Grants Resource Center offers variety of services to local non-profit organizations and individuals including assistance in locating funding sources, assistance in finding grant writing materials and using GRC resources. Orientation sessions on GRC resources are offered periodically throughout the year.
Introduction to Fundraising Planning
The Waco Foundation, in partnership with the Waco-McLennan County Public Library is hosting a free workshop, "Introduction to Fundraising Planning."
This workshop provides an overview of the necessary steps for developing a successful fundraising plan which includes developing a case statement, setting realistic goals, and diversifying your funding partners.
Date: October 26th, 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Central Waco Library, 1717 Austin Ave., Waco, TX 76701
To register, contact Kim Salome Klimt of the Waco McLennan County Library at email@example.com or Nicole Wynter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foundation Directory Online Professional database - Updated week, premier database of U.S. funders and grant information. Contains over 100,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, and over 2.4 recent grants. Available for in Library use only.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals - Ideal resource for students, artists, researchers and individuals. Includes detailed descriptions of more than 10,000 funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other financial support to individuals. Includes application information, giving programs and limitations, financial data and more. Available for in Library use only.
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO) Free includes basic profiles of nearly 90,000 U.S. foundations. Users can search by name, EIN, and location (state, county, city, metro area, congressional district, and ZIP code). While users of FDO Free can use this tool from any computer or mobile device, they will need to either subscribe to the database or visit the Waco-McLennan County Library in order to do prospect research and compile funder lists.
Philanthropy In/Sight® - An interactive mapping tool designed for grantmakers, policymakers, researchers, academics. This tool combines the Foundation Center's rich data on over 103,000 grantmakers and more than 2.3 million grants with familiar Google maps to tell the story of philanthropy. Available for in Library use only.
- Texas Connector - Texas Connector is an online, interactive mapping tool that links needs and nonprofits to strengthen Texas communities. It provides a visual snapshot of social service needs and resources to allow funders, local and state government leaders, research, and the nonprofit community to more effectively meet Texas' growing needs. Texas Connector bridges the information gap between the areas served by nonprofits and the underserved communities of Texas. Available for in Library use only. Please See a Librarian for Login Assistance.
- The Catalog for Federal Domestic Assistance provides information on federal government grants and other assistance programs.
- Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in Federal grants. Grants.gov is the single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by all Federal grant-making agencies.
- The Non-Profit Times is a bi-weekly publication providing current news relating to non-profit issues.
- Philanthropy News Digest is a weekly online news service of the Foundation Center, summarizing philanthropy-related articles and feature stories in the U.S. media.
For additional information about the Grants Resource Center, please contact
Kim Salome Klimt at (254) 750-5974, KimberlyS@ci.waco.tx.us
Grants Resource Center News and Events