Interlibrary Loan Service
Check the Library Catalog first. If item is not owned by our library proceed to search here :
Need Help? Try the How-To Video Tutorial.
Using the TexasGroup Catalog
- Search for material using the basic default search or the Advanced Search.
- A list of search results will appear. To narrow your search results, use the options on the left side.
- When you have decided on a specific record, click on the title.
- Check to be sure that your Waco-McLennan County Library does not own the title.
- Scroll down to click on the Request Item button.
- Choose Waco-McLennan County Library from the resulting drop-down list. Note that you should check the "Keep me logged in" box unless you are on a public computer.
- Click Continue and log in with your library card number and PIN.
- On the Request this item screen, complete all required fields and any other pertinent information.
- You must include an email address, if you wish to be notified about cancelled items.
- Click Continue to submit your request.
Your ILL requests can be reviewed by logging in to My Requests once you are on the Texas Group page. This option is found under the top-left Texas Group Catalog link.
Requests may take from 2 to 4 weeks to be filled. Plan ahead!
There is a $1 shipping fee for each interlibrary loan request that is due when the item is checked-out. The fee is assessed even if the item is not picked-up by the patron. There is no fee if the request is unfilled from a lending library. There is no fee for photocopied materials.
When your item arrives, you will be notified by Email. If you do not have an email address, you may sign up for one free of charge from services such as Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo. Patrons who do not have an email address, will be notified by mail.
Please pick up your item as soon as possible. After 10 days the item will be returned to the lending library if it has not been claimed.
Books and audiobooks check out for three weeks. To request a renewal, you must contact us 3 to 5 days before the due date. We will contact the lending library to see if the item can be renewed.
DVDs and Videos are limited to 5 items for check out for one week and may not be renewed.
Cardholders are limited to 10 active Interlibrary Loan requests. This includes the total number checked out and requested.
Unfortunately, not everything is available through Interlibrary Loan. Many new books are not available until they have been out at least six months, especially bestsellers. Interlibrary Loan will no longer request or loan NEW books.
Contact the Interlibrary Loan Office
For renewals, contact the ILL office 3-5 days before your material is due. Only books and audiobooks may be renewed, subject to the Lending Library's policies.
Call 750-5944 to request a renewal by phone, or email ReferenceWaco