How to Get Your Library Card
- Texas Residents may fill out an application for a library card at any of the four libraries in the Waco-McLennan County Library System.
- Applicants must produce a picture I.D. and proof of residency dated within the last 30 days. An applicant under 18 years of age needs the signature and identification of a parent or legal guardian.
- New Library Cards will be mailed to applicants. Patrons with a new card may only check out one item, with proof of residency.
- You may complete a library card application form below and bring it with your picture ID and proof of residency to any Waco-McLennan County Library.
Using Your Library Card
- Your card may be used at any of the four libraries
- All records pertaining to your library card registration and borrowed materials are confidential.
Lost Library Cards
- Immediately inform Central Circulation Services at (254) 750-5943 or one of the community libraries if you lose your card.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed with your card before it is reported stolen or lost.
Changing Your Personal Information
- Please notify Central Circulation Services at (254) 750-5943 or one of the branch libraries as soon as you change your name, address or phone number.
Lost or Damaged Library Materials
Patrons who have lost or damaged materials will be charged a total of the following:
- $5 plus cost of item for items with cost of under $20
- $10 plus cost of item for items with cost of $20 or more
TexShare Library Cards
- The TexSharecard lets you borrow materials from other participating libraries in the state of Texas.
- You must apply for a TexShare card at your Library and then you may borrow from other participating libraries according to the rules they have set.
- You must be a library card holder in good standing (no overdue or lost books and no library fines, and a checkout within the last two months) for six months to get a TexShare card from the Waco-McLennan County Library.
- To learn more about using your TexShare card at other participating libraries, go to the TexShare website.
Each video/video set... $1.00/day
Each Book... $.15/day
Each Audio-Cassette/Audio-Cassette Set... $.15/day
Each C.D./ C.D... Set $.15/day
Maximum Fine... Cost of the item
Videos and DVDs check out for 7 days
Books, audiobooks and CDs check out for 21 days.
Try Library Elf - this outside service (not owned by Waco-McLennan County Library) sends email notices to you when you sign up. You'll get notices before your books are due, when you have holds, and other reminders as requested.