ANIMAL CARE (CONTROL) & SHELTER SERVICES
Animal Bites & Scratch Reports
- Any person who is bitten or scratched by an animal shall report that fact to an
Animal Care (Control) Officer within 24 hours at (254) 750-1765
(business hours). If it is after hours or
an emergency, please call (254) 750-7500.
- If the person bitten or scratched is a minor under the age of 17, the parent or guardian of such minor, if he has knowledge of the incident, shall report that fact to the animal control officer within 24 hours.
- A person who owns, keeps, harbors or allows an animal to remain on premises under his control and who has knowledge of a bite shall report to the animal control officer within 24 hours any incident where such animal bit or scratched any person.
- The animal committing the act shall be submitted to the animal control officer for quarantine.
- When the local rabies control authority goes to the location where the animal that bit or scratched any person is being kept, the animal control officer may take immediate custody of the animal.
- Where suitable arrangements are made, the local rabies control authority may permit the animal to be transferred to another location for the remainder of the quarantine period.
- This duty to submit the animal to quarantine shall apply to any person who owns, keeps, harbors, has possession of, or allows an animal to remain on premises under his control.
- If convicted of violating this section, a minimum fine of $100 shall be imposed by the municipal court.
Waco Police Department >>