The Waco Fire Department does not issue or accept applications unless they are in the process of hiring.
The Department lists their employment opportunities on the City of Waco Job Listings as well as the Texas Commission on Fire Protection website.
In 2010, the Waco Fire Department implemented a new hiring process. The Department will begin hiring qualified individuals without requiring them to be pre-certified. Certified applicants will still be eligible to apply if they meet the minimum requirements. All applicants will be required to meet the minimum requirements listed below.
- U.S. citizen
- 18-35 years of age
- Excellent Health
- High School Diploma or
- GED with 12 hours of college
- Normal hearing
- Vision of at least 20/100 correctable to 20/20 in each eye
- Valid Texas drivers license
- Good driving record
- Pass the written examination
- Pass a physical agility test
- No felony convictions
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a reference check
- Pass a polygragh examination
- Military service discharge under honorable conditions
- Meet all requirements of the Civil Service Commission and the City of Waco
- Be able to meet pre-employment conditions
- Pass medical examination
If you have any questions regarding employment with the Waco Fire Department, please call the Administration Office at (254)750-1740.
Watch a video about our Fire Training Course and see what to expect: